My pal Alistair sent me a message a couple of days ago instructing me, at pain of no new fishing gear for a whole year, to take the batton of personal discovery and post 5 things about myself. Apparently it’s all part of a the lastest ‘discover your blogger’ incentive, as encouraged by the Dali Lama Himself. I’ve heard Hulk Hogan is getting involved as well so there’s really no reason not to take part.
- I like curry. Rogan josh is a favourite. It needs to be made with fresh tomatos, and if done right is just sensational. There’s a cracking curry place in Edinburgh known only to special folks who frequent it with religious vigour. I’d tell you but would then have to kill you with a giant chilli pepper (hint: it’s in Nicholson Square).
- I live in Scotland now, and half of my ancestry are Scottish, but I wasn’t born here, and in fact grew up in the far East. Maybe this is why I seem to appreciate the glory of trout fishing as much as anyone (though I secretly feel more..). The other half of my family are from the wonders of Manchester (in fact Oldham, even better). You decide which of these places I spend most time blubbering on about.
- My favourite film is Blade Runner (the flaming DIRECTOR’S CUT that is..) Never seen anything like it, never will. It’s seriously champion. While on this theme, my favourite band is Radiohead. Ok Computer is certainly the best album I own. My fave book might just be The River Why? The answer is the name of this blog of course 😉
- Despite clearly overloading number 3) above, factoid number 4) is that I think breakfast is important. A good bowl of fruit and fibre, a couple of THICK slices of brown toast liberally coated in chocolate spread and homemade jam is a classic. People, don’t buy pre-sliced bread. Despite what people say sliced bread simply isn’t the best thing since whatever the best thing used to be. It’s anemic and possibly from the devil himself. You want good bread, it’s important.
- I’m giving serious thought to becomming a trout bum (for a couple of years at least) when my current tenure as a ‘scientist’ (haha) is over. You only live once (generally accepted by most upstanding biologists, I’m lead to belive) and the word ‘priorities’ seems to have been flashing loud and clear in bright green letters the front of my conciousness of late. I’ve made ‘trout bum’ sound like a job description, which is rediculous and far too specific. Generally bumming around and fishing a lot is probably a better decription.
Well well, that was fun. You three blog readers out there now know what’s important about Mr Tamanawis, and can adjust your expectations accordingly. Have a nice day folks.
Post script: I just realised I’m supposed to pass this flaming batton of joy onwards to more bloggers. I will update folks here as I make friends with them (I don’t know that many bloggers…)
Comments are now closed.